About This Notice:
- We gather information from you, your transactions with us, and other sources.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide our services to you.
- We will not share your information with unrelated companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may review and correct your information.
We collect information about you to provide our services to you. This is called Nonpublic Personal Information or “NPI” if it identifies you and is not available to the public. We collect information from some or all of the following sources. We have provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Your Correspondence: You provide NPI in your correspondence with us. It includes your name, street address, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, income, assets, facts regarding your case or other personal and financial information.
- IRS Transcripts: We obtain NPI from the Internal Revenue Service. This information includes your tax account(s) history, your compliance history and collection information.
- Transactions: We obtain NPI about your transactions with us. This information includes information you communicate or provide to us regarding your financial situation, tax liability and information regarding your case. It also includes NPI that we require for billing and payment purposes, and the payments you make to us.
- Your Case: We obtain NPI from opposing parties, third parties and their attorneys.
- Website: This NPI is unique to Internet transactions. It includes the Website that linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some of our Websites may also store “cookies” on your computer. Cookies save certain NPI entered by you on our Websites. They also collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID.
Who might get information about me from Collins, Ritchie & Ervin, LLP?
Collins, Ritchie & Ervin, LLP will share NPI about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your NPI with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need to “opt out” or tell us not to do this.
We restrict access to your NPI to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide our services to you. Their use of NPI is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your NPI.
Disclosures include those we feel are required to provide our services or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients include the Internal Revenue Service, the Franchise Tax Board, other government agencies, opposing parties, third parties and their attorneys.
When you visit our website, we use the NPI we collect to provide services to you. We also use website NPI to help us understand what you want so that during your next visit to our website, your experience will be improved.
Information that does not identify you, or that you give us for contests or surveys, may be used for our marketing purposes.
Why do you ask for my e-mail address?
We collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions, to provide you information, and for marketing purposes. We will not share this information or your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
What about website security?
Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured so that others cannot access it while in transit. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs.
What about links to other websites?
Portions of our website may contain advertising or informational links to other resources on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. These websites are not owned or maintained by us. The links are provided for convenience only to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest to you. However, the links are not intended to be referrals or endorsements of those sites or endorsements of the products and services offered on those sites. Furthermore, the links are not intended to state or imply that we sponsor, are affiliated or associated with, or are legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected therein. The links are maintained by their respective organizations, and those organizations are solely responsible for the content of their own sites, and the products and services offered on their sites. Viewing such third party sites is entirely at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and disclaimers for those sites.